Tenders floated to appoint consultants for MTHL project

The Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development (MMRDA), in a bid to appoint consultants for implementing the 22-km-long Mumbai-Trans Harbour Link (MTHL,) has floated tenders (expression of interest) for appointing project management consultants (PMC) to assist the MMRDA and Japanese International Cooperation Agency (JICA).

In the meantime, the MMRDA is also expecting a final clearance from the forest advisory committee of the Union ministry of environment and forest (MoEF) via a formal notification.

Earlier this month, chief minister Devendra Fadnavis said, “We have all the necessary clearances for the project now, and once the notification on is out, we will formally complete all the talks with JICA related to the financing of the project and also begin the process of tenders by March.”

JICA had earlier agreed to fund 80 per cent of the estimated project cost of Rs 11,000 crore and the remaining 20 per cent was proposed to be made available by the Centre.

“The expected period of the consultancy is going to be of around seven years. The work of the consultants will be mainly assisting MMRDA in pre-tender activities like bid process management, bid evaluation and also awarding work for the project in packages,” stated the tender document.

MMRDA plans to implement the project on Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC – Design Build) basis. It also plans to have a team of 100 executive engineers working on the project. They plan to recruit 30 executive engineers for the project and the JICA and also the potential consultants will appoint remaining staff.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

× three = 18