HYDERABAD: In a relief to the Telangana government, a division bench of the High Court on Wednesday permitted it to go ahead with processing the tenders submitted for the Palamur-Rangareddy Lift Irrigation Scheme (PRLIS).
The bench, however, told the government not to enter into final agreement with the successful bidder pursuant to the tender notification since it has to be ascertained whether all the recommendations of experts are incorporated for implementation of the scheme.
The bench, comprising acting chief justice Dilip B Bhosale and justice P Naveen Rao, while dealing with a petition filed by former minister and BJP leader Nagam Janardhan Reddy, observed that it would not remain a mute spectator if crores of rupees worth public money was put in the hands of contractors who had no required expertise in executing the project.
Nagam, in his petition, sought a CBI probe into the process of framing of tender notification issued by the government for PRLIS. The recommendations made by experts from the Engineering Staff College of India (ESCI) were ignored by the authorities, he pointed out. Continue reading
The date of allocating the tenders for laying of new roads, recarpeting old ones, laying of interlocking tiles, concrete road, brick pavement and others work worth Rs 73 crore was extended today in the F&CC meeting held at the Mayor’s office.
Mayor Balwant Rai Nath said changing the terms and conditions of the tender, they had included that the bidder should be the owner of the hot mix plant, due to which they have extended the date of allocating the tenders.
Now, other bidders can also bid for the projects. The date on which the new tender will open has not been decided yet, the Mayor added.
On the contrary, MCB Commissioner Anil Garg said there was no change in the terms and conditions and they had just lent clarity to two issues. Now tender will be opened on February 29 instead of February 26, he added.
Senior deputy mayor Tarsem Kumar Goyal said as competent authority had framed the tender keeping in mind all the rules, regulation and legal framework, doing any changing in it at the last moment gave wrong impressions of the working of the MCB.
The MCB had to float two tenders of Rs 42 crore and Rs 31 crore for the laying of new roads, recarpeting of old roads and other related works last month and it was to be open on February 26, but on February 16, two members of the F&CC and SAD councillors Harmander Singh and Nirmal Singh Sandhu sent a letter to the commissioner and Mayor demanding change in terms and conditions of the tender. Continue reading
NEW DELHI: Hero Future Energies and ReNew Power emerged big winners in a mega tender for 1,200 MW of solar power capacity floated by the Karnataka government, with both bagging 180 MW each of projects.
“This win will establish Hero Future Energies as one of the major players in the solar segment with a pipeline of around 400MW of projects under various stages of execution,” said Sunil Jain, its CEO and executive director.
The Hero Group firm made the lowest winning price bid in the entire auction at Rs 4.69 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for the talukas of Gangavati, Chikkanayakanhalli, Koratagere and Madhugiri. The highest winning bid in the open bidding was Rs 5.81 per kWh for Nagamangala taluka. All the winning bids were substantially lower than the benchmark tariff of Rs 6.51 per kWh the Karnataka government had set.
The bids were opened last Friday.
The lowest winning tariff is a shade below that which won the last solar auction held in Uttar Pradesh (Rs 4.78 per kwH) in February but higher than the prices touched in Maharashtra (Rs 4.43 per kwH) and Rajasthan (Rs 4.34 per kwH) auctions in January. Continue reading